Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving "Break"

Its about time for an update I suppose.  Let me tell you, this is by far the busiest semester I have encountered.  I'm not sleeping and barely eating at this point in the semester.  I'm working really hard to complete this project, yet I still find myself far behind completion.  Today begins Thanksgiving break.  Instead of taking time off and enjoying my break with my family and friends I will be stuck here in Menomonie for most of it.  The hours I spend at home will mostly be spent constructing the set for my show.  Any extra time I have right now and put it into this project. 
For the two months or so animating has become my life.  I spend almost every awaken moment inside the Applied arts building.  My breaks or "free time" are usually spent in the Graphic Design Senior studio room with very lovely people.  I think that if they weren't there I literally would go insane!
Today(Tuesday) I received my brown paper bags in the mail for the show.  Hopefully by the end of this week or the beginning of next I will get my stickers in the mail as well.  Also by next week I should hopefully get my postcards to hand out.
All in all the project is going well.  I'm not quite sure if I will be able to complete it by the end of the semester.  I still have a ways to go.  My plans for making this a group project worked halfway.  I had to pick up in many areas but I still very much appreciate the help I was given.



My life of animating also includes work for my Advanced Animation class.  For the last few weeks I have been animating a clip for the 11 second club.  I turned it into the competition today.  Those of you whom are unfamiliar, it is a monthly competition that provides an 11 second sound clip in which you create a incredibly short story around it.  If you follow me on twitter/facebook then you have most likely seen this already.
If not here is the link to the clip:    http://vimeo.com/32427671


Also here is the link to the 11 second club site:  http://www.11secondclub.com/
VOTE ON DECEMBER 1 : )
All are equally interesting and fun to watch!

I'm crossing my fingers, knocking on wood, wishing at 11:11, simply for the rest of the semester to go smoothly.  Of course I expect there will be some bumps along the way, but I really hope to get it right the first time....not the third time anymore.
I'm very thankful to have such caring and supportive family and friends. A lot has happened this year that has had a impact on my family and my life.  Thanks to all of you whom have been there and continue to be amazing!

 Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment