Tuesday, March 8, 2011

And it falls...

After witnessing my standing sculpture piece fall on Sunday afternoon, I still have concluded that I don't know how I'm going to get this piece standing up right with out falling when its completed.  However, today I was able to reinforce it on the platform for now so that it won't move while I carve and form the muscular shape of the figure, thanks to Matt.
Today I began detailing the leg structure.  I have become comfortable modeling this figure with out an image.  I'm actually pretty pleased with this.  I feel that I have full control over what I am creating.  I feel that I have a good value subconsciously on positive and negative space when it comes to building 3-D pieces.
My plan for this piece is to finish it before break starts, so here it goes, finished photos soon to come.  This is what I have now.

 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment