Wednesday, September 21, 2011

First blog post of my last semester of college


Hey everyone, I you had a great summer!  It seemed to go really fast, but a great one non-the-less.  Many new experiences and memories to share with new and old friends.

Sorry I wasn't able to update this thing like I had hoped to...But this semester I should be updating it more frequently.

As most of you know this is my last semester of college.  I will be utilizing all the knowledge I have learned over the last 4 years throughout my final project: Senior Show.  Last semester I developed a animatic called "Door to Door".  (Blog previously posted or check out my website)  This was created to provide a visual start to a 3D animated short, in which I plan to complete by December.  Within this story are three characters, Milton, Delores and Orville.  I have sculpted 2 out of my 3 characters so far.  My newest clay piece is of Milton.  Throughout the story he tends to struggle to find acceptance from Delores.  For this piece I wanted him to visually tell a story of his struggles of communicating his ideas.

These are beginning process photos.  I begin my pieces with a wire structure and then build volume up with tin foil.  Clay is then laid modeled over it.


These are final process photos:



My personal website will be updated with new photos of newer work this week! Check it out! : )

4 comments: