Saturday, May 21, 2011

End of a Semester and Beginning of Summer

Hello all,
So much has happened in the last few weeks that my tears and laughter express my feelings of being happy, sad, stressed and a sigh of relief.  There has been far too many goodbyes in the last few weeks but my family and friends have been there and strong through it all.

A Happy Graduation to all of my fellow friends.  The end of our college career together is near as I will be joining you next fall.  You have made the last 4 years a life long experience that I will never forget.  Nora, Crystal and Bri, your friendship is rare and hard to find and I will hold close to me forever.  I'm grateful to find friends that are so amazing.  (By the way, if you read this, we need to start our blog!)
Congratulations and good luck to you on your future endeavors! Keep in touch.

Saying goodbye is never easy....  The most beautiful woman I have ever known is gone.  You were always there since the day I was born.  Your home was a second home for me.  I remember growing up and playing in the yard, sleepovers and our daytime chats.  It was your everyday routine with your grand children and we loved every moment spent with you.  I would always look forward to the next day to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house, I only wish I was there with you more in the end.
Creativity, compassion and love are just a few of the many qualities that all of us kids learned from you.  You kept all us kids open minded and creative with activities to fulfill our days.  I remember when we would play restaurant, house in the trees (lilac bushes), write and act our own plays and drawing at the table with you and so much more.   Never was there a dull moment in the Sumption family, never.
You had never ending compassion for your family.  It was your proudest possession and you loved showing all of us off.  Family was very important.  I learned that from you, Grandpa and the rest of our family.  I can only hope to learn more from my father, mother and the rest of the family as we carry this compassion of love on.
Helping you and Papa was never a question or a bother in my mind.  We would do anything for our grandparents.  You loved and we loved you back.
There are so many memories I share with you that I will always remember and hold dear to my heart.  I miss you so much Grandma D.  These last few years have been so hard for all of us.  You were a strong woman and I respect and look up to you.  I love and miss you very much.



The end of the semester brings newly finished projects.  As promised, I completed another maquette this past week.  You may notice that this character is from my newest animatic.  The character design is inspired by my grandmother that I mentioned earlier in this post.  Here are a few images of the final piece.

1 comment:

  1. Jess your work keeps getting better and better! I'm so impressed!!!!! I love this post and feel so lucky to have such wonderful AND talented friends! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete